Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Vacation, It's a beautiful thing





Hello my fellow friends. So I have a few things to share with you today. I had the opportunity to visit Northern California for the first time in 26 years even though I have spent all but 4 of those years in California. Strange. It is totally different from Southern Cali, totally different. It is much more green and lots more land and rolling hills. It was gorgeous. It is also a little cooler and there are farms all over the place. The one intesting thing is most of the houses in the small towns we visited were really run down. It seemed so odd to me. I wish I had pictures, but I don't. The roofs were all damaged and a lot of houses had tarps over their roofs. The city was sort of the same. The homes were just old looking or the ones in the city. It just didn't seem like people kept them up much. Let's see is there any other tidbits. Oh yeah there was the coolest candy shop ever. It was huge. I don't have pictures of that yet those are on my mom's camera. I think that's it. San Francisco was cool. We got to ride the buses and trains all day long. Now that is an experience. Take a look at some pictures.

PS. Hit this link (?) for descriptions of the photos.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like so much fun! We want to go to Northern Calif. sometime. Vacations are wonderful--not sure when I'll get one. Who is the other girl with you? a cousin? So Lauren's almost there--are you ready to be an Aunt!!?? Thanks for sharing your trip.

Anonymous said...

glad to see you got to enjoy a break from work and some time with family. that is one of the coolest places to visit. so romantic i think. looks like you had a great time and got to see a lot of cool things. those houses remind me of full house and the opening credits...

Ryanne said...

It was a cool trip ever though it rained a lot it was still gorgeous and lots of fun. Lin the other girl was one of Rachie's friends. And ruth i totally agree those houses do look like the ones on the opening credits of Full House just a little older and more run down. I think I want to go back and do a few more things, hopefully sometime soon. Oh yeah and about our little trip we want to take. This time share is in quite a few really nice places and I will try and get a list our for you guys, but the coolest thing is the actually resort condo thing we stayed in. it's awesome. 2 bed 2 bath and a pull down queen sized bed in the family room, a kitchen, laundry room (inside), a little family/living room. Then is has a couple of pools, a game room with ping pong, pool, and exercise room, and arcade room. It's awesome.