So I know we talked about this over the weekend, but I thought I would start us out.
Lin had asked about the Cereal Treat recipe and then the rest of you agreed that it was a good recipe so I thought I would post it. But in return Lin I would love the oreo cake recipe. I was telling my parents about it and they can't wait to test it out. lol !!
Cereal Treat
6 cups Rice Chex
6 cups Golden Grams
½ cup shredded almonds
1 cup Pecans
1 cup cashews
¾ cup butter
¾ cup sugar
1 cup white karo syrup
Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Bring butter, sugar, and syrup to boil. Boil at a roaring boil for 3 minutes. Pour sweet goo all over the ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Mix carefully and try to evenly coat the cereal treat. When coated spread the treat over sheets of wax paper and let dry.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks! Oreo Cake: bake Choc. cake mix in 2 9 in. pans. Cool completely.
Mix 8 oz. cream cheese with 1/2 c. sugar. Then fold in 2 c. cool whip and 12 crushed oreos.
Melt in microwave 4 bars of semi-sweet baking choc. and 1/4 c. butter.
Put cream mixture inbetween cake layers and top with glaze! Refridgerate.
Thanks so much. I look forward to this very yummy cake.
Mmmmm--thank you all.
Post a Comment