Monday, October 22, 2007

California Is Burning

I wish I had pictures, but the news is providing penty of those. It's so unreal the devestation that's occuring in my home town. The Canyon Counrty fire actually started right near my home but due to the 100 mph winds it quickly moved over the hills into Canyon Country. Our home is safe for now, but there are so many of our friends who have had to evacuate. We were getting phone calls all day yesterday of concerened friends and loved ones and then calls from those who may possible need a place to go if evacuated. It's heart breaking. I think we were so blessed it could be a totally different story if the winds were blowing the other direction. It's so unreal there are fires buring all around southeren california. I think there are a total of 12 fires burning now and the winds haven't lightened up. Hopefully they will be under control soon, but the way things are looking no ones knows.
An Update, here's a picture of one of the fires. It is now 800 homes in Canyon Country / Santa Clarita Valley now evacuated.



No comments: