Then later that night I went to the car races. The first thing I thought of when my parents invited me to go was how redneck. But I couldn't help laughing to myself and take them up on the offer, heck it's something I have never done before. Besides it couldn't be any more redneck than that monster truck rally I went to with that lawyer guy during school, right? (for my previous roommates) So that night I got to sit in the suites of Atkinson and Associates (that's my dad's company, it's his partner's son that is driving the car and the company is sponsoring him) I have to say I was surprised at how exciting it actually was. The cars are really fast and super loud and the fans are totally into it, it was great. I really loved the mini ford focus race, the cars were just too cute and fun to watch. It was during this race that I actually started getting into this NASCAR experience. And let me know if you think there is something a little wrong with this scenario. The winner of this race was 15. When the kid announced that I looked at my dad and totally busted up. How the heck could that happen. Ya, I get it's a sport, but come on the law says you have to be 16 to drive. Can you say redneck. The boss's son's race followed and his race featured the bigger and faster cars of the night. There was about 15 to 20 cars all lined up revving their engines, getting the crowd all fired up and before you knew it they were off. I tried to get some pics but they are just too fast. Most of the pics are just blurs of colors, but the idea is there. It was lots of fun. My dad was totally getting into it and from what I could tell it was a pretty good race. There was some bumping and nudging on the track and little George (son) spun out but recovered quickly although he and the car the nudged him had to go to the back of the line. Surprising enough due to a lot of aggressiveness on the track most of the fastest and best racers were penalized and sent to the back. It made for an interesting race. We didn't stay long after the race ended, but the few races I saw I thought it was a pretty cool experience.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
SUPER Saturday
I was trying to come up with something a little bit better for this blog entry because this Saturday was no ordinary Saturday. It was filled with speed, explosions, and nail-bitting excitement. Yesterday I got to experience 2 things I have never experienced before, rocket launching and NASCAR. This week I spend a few nights building my very own rocket. I got this kit and went at it. Surprisingly I have never built a model anything before ha ha, but for the inexperience I was able to put together a nice looking rocket. Yesterday a big group of us drove out to the highlands of Lancaster (a huge flat uninhabited piece of dirt) and shot off our rockets. Mine actually faired pretty well and I was able to bring it home in one piece. That wasn't the same for all of them though. ;) There was one rocket that was 6 feet tall, which I didn't think would actually fly, but it flew like a champ. It was awesome. I have a pic of it. Overall the flights were a success there were a few that went a little haywire but basically it was good old fashion fun.




Then later that night I went to the car races. The first thing I thought of when my parents invited me to go was how redneck. But I couldn't help laughing to myself and take them up on the offer, heck it's something I have never done before. Besides it couldn't be any more redneck than that monster truck rally I went to with that lawyer guy during school, right? (for my previous roommates) So that night I got to sit in the suites of Atkinson and Associates (that's my dad's company, it's his partner's son that is driving the car and the company is sponsoring him) I have to say I was surprised at how exciting it actually was. The cars are really fast and super loud and the fans are totally into it, it was great. I really loved the mini ford focus race, the cars were just too cute and fun to watch. It was during this race that I actually started getting into this NASCAR experience. And let me know if you think there is something a little wrong with this scenario. The winner of this race was 15. When the kid announced that I looked at my dad and totally busted up. How the heck could that happen. Ya, I get it's a sport, but come on the law says you have to be 16 to drive. Can you say redneck. The boss's son's race followed and his race featured the bigger and faster cars of the night. There was about 15 to 20 cars all lined up revving their engines, getting the crowd all fired up and before you knew it they were off. I tried to get some pics but they are just too fast. Most of the pics are just blurs of colors, but the idea is there. It was lots of fun. My dad was totally getting into it and from what I could tell it was a pretty good race. There was some bumping and nudging on the track and little George (son) spun out but recovered quickly although he and the car the nudged him had to go to the back of the line. Surprising enough due to a lot of aggressiveness on the track most of the fastest and best racers were penalized and sent to the back. It made for an interesting race. We didn't stay long after the race ended, but the few races I saw I thought it was a pretty cool experience.



Then later that night I went to the car races. The first thing I thought of when my parents invited me to go was how redneck. But I couldn't help laughing to myself and take them up on the offer, heck it's something I have never done before. Besides it couldn't be any more redneck than that monster truck rally I went to with that lawyer guy during school, right? (for my previous roommates) So that night I got to sit in the suites of Atkinson and Associates (that's my dad's company, it's his partner's son that is driving the car and the company is sponsoring him) I have to say I was surprised at how exciting it actually was. The cars are really fast and super loud and the fans are totally into it, it was great. I really loved the mini ford focus race, the cars were just too cute and fun to watch. It was during this race that I actually started getting into this NASCAR experience. And let me know if you think there is something a little wrong with this scenario. The winner of this race was 15. When the kid announced that I looked at my dad and totally busted up. How the heck could that happen. Ya, I get it's a sport, but come on the law says you have to be 16 to drive. Can you say redneck. The boss's son's race followed and his race featured the bigger and faster cars of the night. There was about 15 to 20 cars all lined up revving their engines, getting the crowd all fired up and before you knew it they were off. I tried to get some pics but they are just too fast. Most of the pics are just blurs of colors, but the idea is there. It was lots of fun. My dad was totally getting into it and from what I could tell it was a pretty good race. There was some bumping and nudging on the track and little George (son) spun out but recovered quickly although he and the car the nudged him had to go to the back of the line. Surprising enough due to a lot of aggressiveness on the track most of the fastest and best racers were penalized and sent to the back. It made for an interesting race. We didn't stay long after the race ended, but the few races I saw I thought it was a pretty cool experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a weekend James would have loved...my redneck hubby. There isn't much you haven't done now, is there?
Post a Comment