Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

This year we had a small Christmas. It was the first year we didn't have the whole family home. Jared and Brynne went to Dubai with her family for Christmas (pics should be up on their blog as soon as they get a free moment they just arrived home today) (I can't wait). Lauren and Tom stayed in Idaho with his family this year, so that left just Rachie and I home for Christmas. Although it was a very small Christmas gathering, we still got a few pics of the event. I had to work most of the time Rachel was in town, but I did get Christmas day and the day after off and I got home Christmas Eve just in time for dinner with our dear friends the Lauricella's. That was lots of fun. After dinner the four of us went home and watched a little Christmas cheer on TV and played a new game my mom got and loves called Settlers of Catan. (I'm sure you have all heard of it, ha ha)

Christmas morning isn't like it used to be. I remember as a kid tearing down the stairs to see what Santa brought at the crack of dawn. Now we sleep in, get ready for the day (no more pjs) have breakfast, and then when that is all done we check our stockings and what's under the tree (or that's what we did this year)

Although things have changed a little, Christmas is still a wonderful time of the year full of new traditions and old ones. I am grateful for my family and for the time I was able to spend with them this Christmas. (we got to visit with Lauren, Tom, and the kids on the webcam, I guess family is never too far away these days)

Dad and Sis chillin on the couch and that's my grandpa.

Christmas 2008 family photo. Who's the tallest... that's right!!

Love my sister!

Santa likes a clean mouth.

Someone loves Peanut Butter M&M's way too much. Santa knows the way to my heart!

Dazed and Confused...


Few more laughs and memories

No comments: