Tuesday, December 09, 2008

A Late Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving came and went so fast. I was looking forward for my trip to Utah so much I knew it would pass by quickly and it did, but it was fun while it lasted. Before I share a few of my Holiday events I am going to disclose that I don't have as many pictures as I would like. My little sister took most of the pictures so if you would like to see a few more you can go to my links on the side of my page and push Rachie, she has a few good pics up. Now a little about my trip. I flew out late Tuesday night and my dad and sister came and picked me up at the SLC airport at midnight then we drove 2 1/2 hours to Bear Lake, which is where we were staying. I will just say it was a long night for all of us and a good laugh now that it is over. This idea to spend Thanksgiving at a resort of sorts was a new thing for our family. I will say it was a good idea, but it didn't go as we had planned. First of all there was no snow, so all the activities we had planned went up in smoke, but we still made the best of it. We bundled up each day we were there and took a walk to the lake or to some playground and enjoyed the laughter and excitement of the kids. My nephews are adorable by the way. Thanksgiving meal this year was not as traditional either, but it was good. Lauren is a great cook. Instead of Turkey we had ham and I didn't get my stuffing (I love stuffing) but really I didn't mind everything was lovely. It was a quiet Thanksgiving for me, I'm so used to Aunts, Uncles, cousins, and grandparents, but I think it turned out great in a new way. Sadly my brother and his wife didn't make it, but I was able to see him on our way home. We did a lot of movie watching while we were there, it was really cold, and I had lost my Utah skin a long time ago. Although it wasn't what I had in mind it was what we all needed - Family. That is the most important thing of all and I have been blessed with the best. I can't express that gratitude I have for the love of my family, it is truly God's plan. What a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.















This is Bear Lake. It's actually really big and it extends into Idaho. We stayed on the Utah side of Bear Lake. Rach took the picture of the light house. She's a pretty good little photographer.

After Thanksgiving Dinner we celebrated a bit of Christmas since this year would not be spent at the Higley's. Rachie got a great pair of brown leather boots. Kyle helped her try them on. He's a silly kid. Mom made Lauren and Tom a Yearsley Family sign which is beautiful. I got Kyle a couple of dinosaurs and I waited to open my gift from Jared and Brynne for when I say them. Kyle got lots of other toys from Grandma & pa Higley as well. He was loving life that night.





I caught the boys hiding in the closet and thought it was too cute.

Here are a few pics of us taking a walk to the lake all bundled up.

There was some dancing too...

No comments: