I already dislike grocery shopping. I loathe it, I never know what to buy. It's comparable to a thorn in my foot, a pain in the neck, a headache this big [ ] and unfortunately since I moved I dread it even more and for a very good reason.
First of all am I right when I say when most of us go shopping we have a plan to get what we need and get out. We don't need any distractions or people bombarding us at the door to buy things we really don't need. Just leave us alone, right? Well the market near my new place for some reason is swarming with awkward door beggars like this, which make it an uncomfortable shopping experience for me. I try my best to avoid them, but some how they find a way to ask for my money.
The last couple times I stopped in for a quick shop there was a young guy out walking the parking lot trying to sell his music. The first time I ran into him, he said he was a drug addict whose been clean for 6 months and is trying to get his music out there and anything donation for his CD would be great. I told him I wasn't interested several time very nicely but he continued to follow me. I just kept shaking my head and smiling as I walked to my car. He was relentless he went as far as to ask for dinner and a movie. It was hilarious. A week or two later I stopped by the market and to my dismay and shock he was out there again selling his CDs. I thought to myself, just put your head down and beeline it to the doors. I was just about there thinking that I had made it when suddenly I heard singing and when I looked up he was right there serenading me. It was so crazy I couldn't help but laugh. I got in the store, but he said he would be waiting for me to come out. Needless to say that was the first time I really didn't want to leave the market. ha ha ha! I did though and made it to my car without an encore.
Monday, February 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am very impressed at your furniture building abilities, and PLEASE call the po-po's or get someone to walk you out next time you go there. People are crazy--don't trust ANYONE! (Ok, you know what I mean.) Scary!
Post a Comment