While we were there getting last minute things for Rachel we actually did a little playing too. We hiked the Y, which I thought was pretty fun. It's a bigger hike than I remembered. ha ha.
We also when up to the petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point. The kids really liked that, then we went to Tepenaki's Japanese Steakhouse which was awesome. I have never been to a restaurant like that before, they cook the food in front of you. It was tons of fun. And I caught the shrimp. The whole time it didn't really feel like Rachel was leaving it was actually surreal to think about. But when Wednesday came that all changed. Dad set her apart Wednesday morning and that's when the reality set in. It was time to say good-bye and that was so hard. I had actually done pretty good all morning, Lauren on the other hand was a mess, but when we were doing the hugs and stuff that's when I got all teared up. I couldn't hold it in anymore. Boo even cried. It was a tough morning. The other kids (married ones) all left around 11:30 to head back home to Idaho, Jared and Brynne were heading to her parents for awhile. So all that was left was me and my parents to take her to the MTC. It's a whole new experience now. There is no having the family come in and see them off it's curbside drop off only. Strange huh. We parked across the MTC first and then walked across to take a few pictures and were instructed after taking pictures to get back to the car and then drive on through. There were missionaries everywhere welcoming the newbies. It was actually a wonderful site. We pulled up to the curb and she climbed out. We unloaded her luggage took a few more pics and gave her a few more hugs and kisses and then the missionaries took it from there. She just walked away with a big smile and watery eyes leaving us ready to embark in the service of our Lord and Savior. What a blessing that little sister is to our lives. It was an emotional week, but one that was most precious at the same time. She's going to be a wonderful missionary and I can't wait to hear about it over the 18 months she's out.
No comments:
Post a Comment