Thursday, August 19, 2010

California Girl

So a couple of weekends ago my Relief Society decided to do this awesome activity. My Bishop surfs and he thought it would be great to get the girls in our RS to come out and learn to surf. Our girls thought that was a great idea, we had over 40 girls come out to Doheny Beach and learn to surf it was awesome dude! The Bish got over 20 boards 12 dads and a couple of their daughters from our stake to come and teach us. One of my best days at the beach! I actually killed it out there and had a blast. I truly became a California Girl that Saturday morning and I think I caught the bug. I may do it again and real soon.


Our amazing surfing Relief Society and the Dad's that helped!

Hang Lose!!!!

This is me and my friend Marina. The boards were huge and sort of heavy. It was funny trying to get them into the water, but it made for good surfing. :)

My first attempt to get up, I did pretty good. More than anything I was just nervous, but got the hang of it pretty fast.

I totally ripped it, ha ha ha. I wish maybe some day. :
)

The beach was so rocky it killed my feet. There was a group of us trying to get out there with out killing ourselves. You can see I'm totally leaning on the board I was trying not to stand on the ocean rock floor.

That was on my way in from surfing. By that time there was no way to walk in, I was cutting up my feet so we decided to crawl and float in. It was pretty hilarious.

1 comment:

J, J and B said...

What a fun ward! I have always wanted to learn how to surf. You look like a natural out there!