I actually did something so fun this weekend. I didn't get to go last year because I procrastinated buying tickets, but this year no way I wasn't going to miss it the ultimate country bash in Irvine.
Country music is back in LA and I went to my radio's station first concert celebrating it's comeback. It's usually the Counrty Bash, but since the station is now Go Country the concert was Go Fest and it featured 5 artist. All I can say is I'm a country music lover. I got to see Joanna Cotton, Keith Anderson (who is actually pretty good lookin'), Jason Michael Carrol, Brooks & Dunn, and Alan Jackson. What a show huh! Loved all their performances. They all know how to put on a show. I have to say even though I had seen Brooks & Dunn before they were still my favorite. Let me share why I love country music so much. First of all they sing about life and all the stuff that comes with it the heartahce and the joy, it's absolutely great. I love how god fearing they all are and patriotic. It's amazing. Sure they sing a little too much about drinkin' but I don't think the one negative could compare to the many positives like family, love, God, America. It's so uplifting. Every artist that performed shared how grateful they were to live in such a wonderful country and honored the soldiers past, present, and future. It was awesome, I couldn't help but get a little teary-eyed. I took my mom since she's never expereinced an event like this and I think she enjoyed it. Of course she wasn't up singing and dancing to every song with me, but she was having fun. I usually take my littlest sister, but she's not so little anymore, attending BYU Idaho and all. Anyway that's my schpel about my love for country music and the fun I had at the concert this weekend. Dude, I am seriously debating about going to another one in LA. ;)
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that's cool that you took your mom with you. glad to hear you got out to do something super fun.
Post a Comment