Before we enter British Columbia let's have a little Seattle snack. We flew into Seattle a bit earlier than we had initially planned because I had never been and since we had to fly there to get to British Columbia I talked my family into spending a couple of days in Seattle. What a lovely, green state. It's a lot more big city than I had expected, which was great. We did as many of the tourist things we could in the 2 days we were there. For example we checked out Pikes Market. That's the big fisherman's market place where you can buy anything. It was great. The fish throwing was pretty crazy, we tried to get footage of that, but couldn't quite catch it. The fish were huge and so expensive, I had no idea. We also went to the Seattle Space Needle, which was great, but not as cool as the Empire State Building that thing is just way up there. We went to a couple of great parks and of course the piers. We had some great sea food and fish while there and Rachie and I went to the Seattle Aquarium, which was fun. It was a great mini trip. I would go back, it's a beautiful state.
Alright now that you had a little snack let me share with you the beauties of the BC. The flew in early Sunday morning to Victoria and since our resort was a couple of hours north of Victoria we spent most of the day there. We went to Butchart Gardens first and that place is amazing. It takes hours to see the whole place, but it's worth it. The gardens are amazing, exquisite, absolutely beautiful. Here's a few pics:
After our day in Victoria, we drove up to our resort. We drove through some beautiful country side it was amazing. Here are some pics of the view from out place. We were right on the bay and the sunsets are amazing.
We went whale watching one day, which was so much fun. The drive not so much- I think it was almost 2 1/2 hours so when we got there we were ready to stretch our legs. It was a cooler day and since we were riding on a zodiac where you can get a little wet they put us in these funny looking big red jumpers. The whale watching trip was a couple hours long and we only saw one whale, maybe you can see it in one of the pics. (look for the spout of water) We also drove over to some rocks full of sea lions. They are one of the foulest smelling animals ever and so noisy. After that we went up the coast some more and walked on one of the beaches (Long beach) which is also a beach in California which I thought was pretty funny. It was a fun coastal day. Canada is truly one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.
We also did a lot of hiking the week we were there. It is sooooo green and there are trees every where and waterfalls it is absolutely beautiful. I don't think I have seen anything like it before.
One of the last things we did on the trip and probably the craziest thing I have ever done - jump off a bridge and free fall for 40 feet. My mom, sister and I went on what was called the King Swing, which is basically bun-gee jumping but instead of bouncing up and down we swung back and forth. It was absolutely in sane. Brynne and Jared actually Bun-gee jumped which looked terrifying. So crazy!!!
1 comment:
Wow! So much adventure! You lucky girl, I love the pics! What a fun family. And you know what they say, "A family that free-falls together stays together..."
Post a Comment