Wednesday, June 03, 2009
New York!!
I just got back from one of the coolest places ever. I love New York! It is so much fun and full of so much life. Millions of people walk the street, well maybe not millions we'll say thousands but it sure feels like millions. I sit here tonight on my bed still shocked at all the things I did the week in New York and I still could have done more but we just ran out of time. I went with a good friend of mine from the OC but who now lives in AZ. We met at JFK and then went on our merry way to Manhattan. We checked in to our hotel early evening then hit the city. We went straight to Time Square and took in the sites. That city is a non-stop hustle and bustle, it's amazing. I took her to my favorite pizza place in Manhattan, which she agreed was amazing. Then we just walked the city and got to know it a little better. We enjoyed Time Square then walked down to 34th Street, saw Madison Square garden, Empire State Building, walked back up town and saw Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, and NBC Studios. It was awesome. And that was just the first night we pack every day full of stuff. Sunday we went to Central Park, Church, Lincoln Center, Little Italy, Grand Central Station, and Serendipity for some frozen hot chocolate. We also went on the Intrepid and navy ship, which was pretty cool. I could share every detail but I am realizing that will take for ever. Basically we filled out week will museums, broadway shows, amazing tours of famous places like the Radio Music City Hall, Carnegie Hall, Rockefeller Center, and NBC Studios. We went to the Met Museum, the Natural History Museum, the MoMa, and the Whitney, all wonderful museums. We walked the Brooklyn bridge and had the best pizza in the world there in Brooklyn. And I mean it when I say the best pizza ever. (If you go to NY, you must eat at Grimaldi's Pizza) AMAZING!!! There is a great ice cream place near by too, again AMAZING! What else did we do... we did Central Park several times, that is one of the most beautiful parks ever. I mentioned Broadway, we saw the new show In The Heights which was great and Phantom of the Opera which was fabulous. I got to see Harlem, don't recommend that ;) and Washington Heights, both enlightening. We walked 5th Avenue and Park Avenue. And of course we did the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Empire State Building, and the top of the Rock (Rockefellar Building) those were all amazing. The trip itself was FABULOUS. I would say everyone should experience New York sometime in their life. I absolutely love the place. I was exhausted by the end of the week, but it was worth every minute. Man there was so much more but this will have to suffice. Here are some highlights...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
love your slick slideshow and love that you had a great time!
the pictures are great! how fun that you two went! maybe one day i'll get to go on an exciting trip with you both too! :)
I'm so jealous! I would love to go to New York. Kendal and Ali just got back from NY--they went May 19-23rd! They had a great time too. I would defintely need you to go with me since you're such an expert now!
Mmmm...pizza. You are quite the expert tour guide. Sign me up for a trip. (All expenses paid, right?)
Hey when you guys are ready, I'm up for a trip in the city. I'll go to NY anyday!!!
Post a Comment