Earlier this week I got a phone call at 6am in the morning. It was my brother, even though I was still half asleep I groggily said "oh boo, congratulations, right" He laughed and said not yet, but that Brynne was at the hospital and in labor. It was all surreal, my little brother and his beautiful young wife were soon to be a mommy and a daddy. Truthfully, now don't laugh, it brought tears to my eyes and it still does. I was and am so happy for them. Well it was a long day of labor for poor Brynne. Her water broke at 1:30 I think it was Thursday morning and I didn't actually get the text that she had their little girl till 3:30 California time. So I think it was about 16 hours of labor, but it was all worth it because a beautiful baby girl was born. She has dark curly hair like my brother and I think they said she has blue eyes -like me! She was 6 pounds 3 oz I think and 19 inches. She was long toes like her dad, ha ha! I am so excited to have my first niece. I can't wait to meet this little baby girl. It took them a day to pick out her name. They had one picked out but when she arrived and saw her the name they picked didn't fit her. They finally decided on Emme Kate Higley. I think it's adorable!
Meet my new niece Emme...








2 comments:
Congratulations!! She is so adorable. I can't believe Jared is a dad. Wow! Hope everyone is doing well. Love ya!
Congratulations! Little girls are so sweet. How fun for your family and congrats to Lauren,too!
Post a Comment